Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the flu and dogs

Josey and I are home with the her having the flu. 

It's Tuesday.  She was diagnosed Friday morning. 

We have been in the house quarantined since Friday. 

I'm only going slightly crazy.

To add to our crazy life, yesterday we got a new puppy.  We were coming home from dumping trash last night and he was wandering in the road.  I hate people who dump dogs.  I've never been able to resist picking them up, which is a fact that my mom will certainly attest to.  Drover is our new puppy's name and Josey is already very in love with him.  As I type this I am sitting on the couch and she is laying underneath my feet curled up on a blanket playing with him.  He's a doll.  He reminds me so much of Lori, a dog I rescued in college that we had to put down last year.  He's marked like her, all the way down to the white tip on his tail.  Lori was a once in a lifetime dog and she loved me more than most people are ever loved.  The feeling was totally mutual.  Drover also reminds me of Moe, a dog that I had only 4 short years, but who was like my child before Josey was born.  He is the only cowdog that I've ever known that would sit, lay, and shake.  He was legendary with my ex-husband's fellow day-cowboys for two reasons.  One- he was an amazing cowdog and would work all day tirelessly.  Two- he minded me better than the ex and his friends thought this hilarious.  With these traits, Drover has already found a spot in my heart, despite the fact that I REALLY do not need another dog. 

I hope the flu leaves us soon.  My kids take their TAKS test one month from today and they need me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment